We have a passion about gemstones and we want to share that passion with you. We don't just sell the finest gemstones we like to inform and educate as well if we can.
In addition to our thousands of product pages, we have hundreds of comprehensive gemstone information pages and hundreds of articles on the spiritual powers of gemstones as well as features on color, hardness, etymology, jewelry and so much more.
GemSelect was established in 2003 in Chanthaburi, Thailand, right in the heart of one of the world's major gemstone trading centers – it is estimated that 80% of the globe's supply of rubies and sapphires pass through this town. We can, and often do, stroll down to the Talad Ploy market to see the brokers and buyers in action.
Having one of the largest gemstone markets on our doorstep as well as dealers from all corners of the earth, arriving every day, gives us a huge advantage in sourcing not only the finest gemstones available but also a remarkable range of different stones.
The busy market full of eager sellers as well as our expert buyers and appraisers allows us to get the best possible prices, which we, in turn, can pass on to our customers.
GemSelect is a family business, run by husband and wife team, Andreas and Jeab, but that family extends to everyone that works here – the cutters and polishers, sorters and packers, writers and administrators – all striving to do the best possible job they can.
Meet our team here
Being located in a gemstone trading hub means we have quick access not only to rough and polished stones but also two of the best independent gemstone identification laboratories, International Colored Gemstone Association Laboratory (ICA GemLab) and Burapha Gemological Laboratory (BGL Lab). This means we can get lab reports done for any of our gemstones, quickly and efficiently, and on their way to you.
Affiliations? 1000s of happy and repeat customers spread all over the world! But we also have a few business associations we are quite proud of.
- Bizrate - the shopping and consumer rating site has countless positive reviews from our clients
- ICA GemLab (International Colored Gemstone Assocation Laboratory) – one of the leading international gemological labs for colored gemstones.
- Dun & Bradstreet - the world's leading commercial information network.
- BBB Better Business Bureau® - GemSelect is a BBB A+ accredited business that enjoys a renowned reputation for supplying top-quality gemstones to buyers from all over the world.
These three gemstone trading associates regard us as a quality provider of natural gems and a valuable source of gemstone information.
Since our beginning, nearly two decades ago, online selling has grown dramatically to become almost the normal way to buy gemstones – we have shipped nearly 400,000 individual items to more than 120 countries.
Part of our mission is to ensure that the gemstone industry, that we are so proud to be a part of, maintains its integrity. We stand by all our gemstones and guarantee that all of our gemstones are natural and as advertised. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied or just change your mind, you can return any gemstone within 30 days for a guaranteed full refund.
We take high definition photographs and videos of every gemstone we sell. There are no stock images and we offer multiple profile views of each item. No other gemstone website provides as much detail as us. This is because we know that, when it comes to ordering colored gemstones online, you need to know exactly what you are buying. With GemSelect, what you see is exactly what you get!
- All the gems we sell are accurately and precisely described to the very best of our knowledge, including gem type, size, weight, shape, color, clarity and origin.
- We fully disclose all gem treatments and enhancements, and guarantee that all of our items are natural gemstones.
- All photographs are images of the gemstone you will receive. We use professionally calibrated imaging equipment and software to ensure that we show the most accurate, high definition, representation of the actual gemstone on your screen. We do not manipulate any pictures for the sake of a quick sale! It is in our best interest, and for the benefit of our customers, to not portray any item online to be better than it actually is, because every return costs us money and raises our expenses.
- We offer an ironclad 100% risk-free 30 day return policy. There are no questions asked, no restocking fees, no merchant fees and no credit card transaction fees. Additionally, there are absolutely no hidden insurance fees and no risk whatsoever.
- All payment and credit card information is handled on a secure (SSL) page by either Kasikorn Bank or PayPal. We have no access to your credit card or financial information - no personal information is stored on our website.
- We will never sell your email address, browsing patterns, or any other personal information. If you have questions or concerns, you'll be happy to hear we employ in-house, English-speaking, customer support representatives.
For more detailed information about our operational services please use the links below
- First Published: February-20-2006
- Last Updated: March-31-2021
- © 2005-2021 GemSelect.com all rights reserved.
Reproduction (text or graphics) without the express written consent of GemSelect.com (SETT Company Ltd.) is strictly prohibited.
Total Number of Articles: 1732
Technical Information on Gemstones
Learn about technical details and facts surrounding the...